Monday, July 1, 2013

High Puff Tutorial

For about two days last week, I was rocking a cute hairstyle. It was a spin on your everyday puff on natural hair; it was more pulled to the front of my head. I don't know what made me do this style, but all I know is that my hair was really raggedy and I needed something to make it look cute. This style is on my Instagram and I got compliments on the style, so I decided to share it here with you guys by giving you the steps to achieve this style.

The first step (starting with the picture at the top of he "L") is I take down my twists. I keep my hair twisted at night so my hair can fit under my bonnet and to also keep my twist-outs nice and defined. While taking down my twists, I'm moisturizing my hair. Then, I put my hair in a ponytail towards the front part of my head, as far as I can go, with an ouchless band. Next, I shape my hair, pulling, fluffing and all downwards for the look. The next step is optional: add a scarf for at least 10-15 minutes so the hair in the back will be smoothed down. Finally, VOILA. You have my high puff (end results are the last picture at the end of the "L" and the biggest picture)!!




What do you think about the hairstyle? Will you try it out? Comment and tell me how the style works out for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my blog!