Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Daddy Issues

In the black community, it seems like our fathers are the most absent. "Daddy issues" seems to always affect girls and young women.
She got pregnant at 15. Daddy Issues.
She had sex with every dude (and maybe even girl) in the school. Daddy Issues.
She calls herself a b*tch and is proud of it and let guys treat her any type of way. Daddy Issues.

Luckily, this girl wasn't me. I could've easily went down that road since my real father was pretty much an absence in my life. If it wasn't for my stepdad, I could've had those issues.

painting by Patterson Clark
Now I know you're saying, "What the heck is this post? I thought we are suppose to talk about guys we like and advice on relationships and stuff." My response is 'Isn't the very first healthy relationship with someone of the opposite sex should be your father?' Your father is suppose to be the very first man that shows you how you should be treated, respected, and cherished. And let's say you don't want to talk to your father. Then, it is important that you find a father figure in your life. Find an uncle. Older cousin. Older brother. Someone.

It is extremely important that you do this before you even try to learn to be in a romantic relationship with anyone. Your father or father figure is the very first key to any relationship advice. If you have daddy issues or still need relationship advice, then you've came to the right place. Stay tuned to my blog.


Do you have "daddy issues"? Please comment down below and tell me what you think about this subject.

2 comments:

  1. The black community has been broken for long enough, I hope I live to see the day that our brothers, fathers etc take on the responsibilities of their roles. My father was in my life and he taught me alot but he never finished the job, he split when I was 13:( My life suffered greatly because of this:( Now my daughter is thirteen, and while her father has never been an active father I was blessed with a wonderful husband who claims her as his own. He will never replace her bio-dad as there will always be a void left unfilled, but he does an awesome job at teaching,disciplining,and meeting her needs as a Genuine father would...and she refers to him as dad:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your input and sharing your daughter's experience.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting on my blog!